Human Powered. Authentic Performance.



You're just starting out.

So are we.

Let's talk.




Friday, November 12, 2010

Groucho Team Blogger Carly!



I’m a 25 year old lady-type kickin’ it in the Uptown area in my most favorite city in the US of A. (If you must know, outside of the USA, my favorite city is Sydney, Australia.) I recently joined the ranks of “bike nerds”, and own more spandex than I do non-stretchy fabric. Because it is literally impossible for me to do anything half-way, my journey into bike nerd-dom was kicked off by me signing up for Team In Training with the goal of completing the infamous century ride, America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride (AMBBR), which includes the 72 miles around Lake Tahoe. I trained, fundraised my ass off, and when the time came, I completed the ride with my team. Since my epic triumph over AMBBR (with a sinus infection, no less), I have been cycling all over the Twin Cities and having a wonderful time doing it. Bike people are a strange breed, and I fit right in.
Professionally, I’m a technical writer. This means I write instruction manuals for a company that makes wireless networking devices. Because technical writing consists of absolutely no humor and no voice of my own, I look for any opportunity I can to write creatively. I try to maintain my own blog, but the fact that I have two followers and am accountable to only myself makes it something I often skip in lieu of say…a bike ride. Being part of this team and writing for a (gasp!) real audience will be utterly fantastic, and will allow me to exercise my creative genius. (He gets a little lethargic being all cooped up while I write about Wi-Fi)

**You can also find Carly on Twitter, Facebook, and on her other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment