Human Powered. Authentic Performance.



You're just starting out.

So are we.

Let's talk.




Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Erin: A New Year


Aaaaaaand… a new year is upon us. How did that happen?! Where did 2010 go? Heck, where did the ‘00s go?!

Twenty-ten was an incredible year – 2,000 miles on my Madone, fun and fabulousness with my family and friends, this fantastic opportunity with Groucho, among so much other awesomeness – but 2011 is sure to be even better.

A new year symbolizes a new beginning, a fresh start, and like practically everyone else on the planet, resolutions are required (well, I prefer to call them goals because after a few weeks of solid dedication, resolutions often fall by the wayside, forgotten by February 1; goals, on the other hand, are something to work toward with an actual by-when date).

My hopes and goals are high for 2011. There’s so much I want to do, so many places I want to see. And I want to share it all with you. And though it’s a bit scary to put my goals out there, if I don’t, how will I be held accountable?

So here goes. Have a read. Tell me what you think. And ask me about them occasionally to make sure I’m on track to reach them.

*******

I have more balance in my life. More time for family and friends, less time fretting about if I’ll get a workout in every.single.day. More fun, less seriousness. More time living in the moment, less time worrying about what I have to do in an hour, tomorrow or next week.

I sleep more. Seven hours a night would be nice. Really nice. The current five to six average just isn’t cutting it.

I deepen my yoga practice. Forearm headstand will happen.

I bike a century. I was thisclose last season, but life got busy and finding time for six solid hours in saddle was difficult. Perhaps the Minnesota Ironman on May 1 should be on my calendar.

Speaking of Ironmans… I am a half Iron(wo)man by September 1. Lofty, yes, especially considering the only multi-sport event I’ve done is the Minneapolis Duathlon (and while injured), but I’ve never been one to take baby steps.

Buh-bye debt. ‘Nuff said.

And helloooooooo, master’s degree in strategic communication! (Disclaimer: This debt isn’t included in the previous goal.)

I volunteer at Bolder Options. Health and fitness are two of my passions; this is the perfect way to share what I’ve been blessed with by instilling a love of running, cycling and a healthy lifestyle with teenagers.

I visit my family in Hallock three times. Sadly, I only made it home-home twice in 2010, and the first time wasn’t until November. The visits with my grandparents over Scrabble and tea are priceless and need to happen more often.

I vacation. Somewhere. Anywhere. Vancouver, Croatia and Costa Rica all sound spectacular, especially given the only travel I’ve done in the past 18 months was to western North Dakota. As long as it’s out of Minnesota I’ll be a happy girl.

There you have it. Keep me accountable and working toward my goals. And if you tell me yours, I’ll do the same.

Happy 2011! Make it your best year yet.

1 comment:

  1. How about some pull-ups, or a 95 lb. snatch? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete